Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lighting

Started by hamstercaster, June 04, 2007, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamstercaster

I am thinking of upgrading my lightning.  Either change one of my sucky 24 inch light kit or both.  One thing for sure I need to change at the very least my fluorescents in both as they seem to be fairly old. 

Now, the problem is that there are so many options out there but all seem somewhat pricy to quite pricy.  There sure are some ok deals on ebay even with shipping and currency exchange rates and all.. and there would also be the option of waiting for some to pop here on the classifieds that would suite my need and price but there is one option which as peaked my curiosity.

LED ligthing!!!

Now, you can get a few different colors of LED lights on ebay, from white, blue, red, green etc.  I know that the blue ones seem to work well from what I've read and heard but what about the white led lights??  You do get some pretty decent deals on ebay for white and/or blue LED lights.  Keep in mind that I have no plants whatsoever and am keeping cichlids and thus I don't think that I need all those fancy lights out there.  Plus they don't use much energy and are fairly cheap all things considered... So I guess my question is would you advise for or against that type of lighting?

thanks

Shrimpy

I think you mean lighting , not lightning

Although LED Lightning may be less dangerous when playing outside during a storm!  ;D

hamstercaster

oopss indeed you are right lol