Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Drilling a 90Gallon - or buy new

Started by KLKelly, June 20, 2007, 11:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

I'm just inquiring the cost of someone drilling my 90Gallon.  I was looking at canister filters but I am also considering adding a trickle tower sump setup for it instead.  I could add extra biomedia/filtration in a trickle tower.  I have a problem with particles floating in my water which is why I have a trickle system set up in my basement for water changes.

If I did this I would need my tank drilled - 2 holes.  I've only done the cheap DIY setup in the basement so I would like to have the  pipes also done professionally (at least the ones that attach directly to the tank).

I can bring the tank in somewhere.

Anyone know the cost?  Would it be cheaper to sell the 90 and buy one predrilled?

Again - just looking at pricing right now.  I am also going to talk DH into making the tank built in since the basement is on the other side of the wall.

gvv

I did one 2.5" on my new 90G and it cost me $30

Regards

sniggir

the hole cost 30 a piece generaly, and the bulkheads cost between 10-45 a piece depending on where you get them
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

KLKelly

Wow - for some reason I was expecting it to be much more expensive that that.  Cool!!!!

AdamR

I haven't seen anyone that will guarantee the tank won't crack, they make a mistake and you will be paying for the new tank.

I paid $30 each for my two holes, one at BigAls in Montreal and one by One Salty Dog on Aquaria Canada.

Maverick

Got my 2 holes drilled in my 90 gal by a guy in gatineau.  He charges 15-20$ per hole and he can come to your house.  He treats your tank as if it was his.  PM me if you need the contact.

KLKelly

I hope my tank can stand up to it.  Its the "All-glass" brand and the glass looks so thin on it.

sniggir

I drilled my all glass and it was a 1/2 inch thick and it was a 90... much better than the perfecto's I have seen for sure... but anyway I had no problems so I take it you will be drilling your tank then good to hear
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!