Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Male or Female

Started by Fishnut, September 17, 2007, 12:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

OK, I thought I knew how to tell if my Kribensis were male or female.  I definately have 1 male, but I'm not sure about the second.  The male needs a mate because he's "frisky" and is beating up everything in the tank.  Do I already have a female or another male?

Here's a pic of both of them:

This was the fisrt time I saw him go purple like that.  I thought only the female Kribs went purple.

[attachment deleted by admin]

beowulf

You might just have a couple there.  The one on the right is a male for sure not 100% sure on the other one though.

neon

I thought I was sold a male and female and I couldn't really tell them apart.  I've had them for about 3 weeks and the smaller one died, and now I don't know what I'm left with. 

Fishnut

Well, I'll separate the male into his own tank and see what the other one turns into.  He/she is being constantly hunted by the male. and is not growing as well.  If I have another Male, I'll see about getting a female.

mseguin

bottom one kinda looks like a smaller male to me, but i would haveto see a closer picure to be sure