Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lighting question

Started by White Lightning, June 22, 2007, 08:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Lightning

I was just wondering if it was possible to buy a flourescent light fixture from Rona or Home Depot that I could just add to my light. It seems that my light no longer works. The outer black casing is still okay and I can't seem to find another light that matches my existing one. So I figured maybe I could just remove the light from the black case and possibly just replace that instaed of buying the whole thing?

sniggir

what type of light is the opne you are replacing... you may beable to get the bulb at big al's or other stores that carry aquatic products
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

dan2x38

Quote from: White Lightning on June 22, 2007, 08:33:12 PM
I was just wondering if it was possible to buy a flourescent light fixture from Rona or Home Depot that I could just add to my light. It seems that my light no longer works. The outer black casing is still okay and I can't seem to find another light that matches my existing one. So I figured maybe I could just remove the light from the black case and possibly just replace that instaed of buying the whole thing?

usually replaceing a balast is worth as much as awhole light or more... maybe look online or on here for a cheap replacement...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."