Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Noob - 1 week into my first tank

Started by sdivell, July 30, 2007, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdivell

Hey everyone.

Get to know my name because I'm sure I'll be posting lots of questions and even doing a lot of classifieds shopping.

I just started my first Aquarium last week with a 21 hagen tank...set it up Thursday, July 19th with some hygros and got my first 6 platies on the following saturday - unfortunately down to 5 now (Batman passed away on the weekend)

sniggir

Have you heard of a fishless cycle... this may help, or you can always ask someone for some used filter media...and of a used sponge... that willl greatly increse the speed of your tank cycleing.

Welcome to ovas ask as many ? as you wish

Pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

babblefish1960

Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society club website. As I am sure you will notice, there is more than mere talk about fish, there are a lot of folks here with something to say on nearly every subject. I do hope you have a swell time as well as maybe learn some things. This is a great place to be for certain.

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on August 03, 2007, 01:39:25 AM
Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society club website. As I am sure you will notice, there is more than mere talk about fish, there are a lot of folks here with something to say on nearly every subject. I do hope you have a swell time as well as maybe learn some things. This is a great place to be for certain.

Really?  :o