Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Canister fluval 404 differences

Started by audioslave_36, June 27, 2007, 08:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioslave_36

Quote from: sylvain on June 27, 2007, 03:33:50 PM
Just so you know Réchaud, the 404 is a major problem for Hagen, they all end up leaking, if you take it back to Hagen they will give you another one.

not to thread jack but is this true ?  because I have two first gen 404's that leak from time to time and three second gen 404's that never leak.
and if that is the case, I am gonna call them too.

Dave

sylvain

it is true, the first generation was such a flop that they replaced them for free, so they don't loose their customer's trust.
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

audioslave_36

speckledmind

I have a relevant question to this leaking Fluval thing.

How can one know what generation of 404 he or she has on hand ?

I have never had any problems with he ones I have had, but as said, some have, so it might be a good idea to spell out the details on how to recognize the models / generation, so all those who have the ones leaking can get the exchange.

Just looking out for other peoples intest  :)

Cheers,
Denis

audioslave_36

as requested here are side pics of the difference between gen 1 and gen 2

Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]

rechaud

exactly that, i have the first one just like the picture grrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats bull|&*?()
hope the company will give me one brand new i just fludd my basement for the second time.

speckledmind

Now I know why the ones I had never leaked, I had the second generation.

mseguin

1st generation is with the simpler side clips, second had the better ones. If I'm not mistaken the really early first generation ones also had cruved blade impellers.

beowulf

Good thread and smart pics Audio it allows people to see the difference.  I for one have 2 second gens it would seem and I have no problems at all!!!

babblefish1960

So which 404 was the one that had the inexplicable impeller shaft failure beowulf?

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on July 04, 2007, 08:49:48 AM
So which 404 was the one that had the inexplicable impeller shaft failure beowulf?

The new one...but I got it that way :p  ;) Good thing is that it does not seem to leak lol.