Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

How much is a pair of angels worth?

Started by Zoe, July 17, 2007, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe

Depending on how my angels pair up, I may need to sell a pair.  My question is this, how much is a pair worth?
And if by chance I've ended up with a trio (1 male spawning with two females), how much is that worth?
I'm not too concerned about price, but I'd like to have a rough idea :)

mseguin

Depends on variety, but let's say your standard silver variety or similar, 10-15$ for a breeding pair?

Zoe

The trio is VT gold, platinum, and marble

mseguin

Maybe up that to 20$ depending on quality then? Is it a breeding trio?

Zoe

succinctfish

There are many different types of angelfish, veils, superveils, pearlscale, wild angelfish, and they are all beautiful.  The value of a breeding pair depends upon many things, the quality and condition of the fish, what variety of angelfish they are--for example, the intensity and amount of the orange on a koi angelfish affects its worth, and platinum's are considered to be more valuable than zebras.  Whether they are a proven breeding pair, and what offspring they produce, and the size of the fish are also factors.  A young fish that has spawned once and eaten it's fry summmarily is not as valuable from a breeding perspective.  I will say a decent amount for a successful adult breeding pair of zebra angels on this site has been $25, just to give you a ballpark figure with which to start. The fact that your fish are breeding as a trio is interesting, but is not guaranteed to continue. South American Cichlids are a lot like people in their development: you are their whole world when they are little, they move on to schoolyard bullies picking on everyone around them, then to young adults exploring their options. :D  Sooner or later they tend to settle down and commit to one partner, for awhile at least.  :)