Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Testing, Testing, Test, Test, Public Testing Area : )

Started by speckledmind, July 19, 2007, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speckledmind

Hey,

I taught it might be a good idea to create a Public Testing Area for what ever you want to test out : )
Somethings such as hyperlinks to emoticones, images, fttp addresses, or simply test out some of the option of the forum before you actually post something.

It might also be a good ides for the moderators to help and guide each individuals, so they can accomplish there intended goal, in pointing out the right way and wrong of doing things.

If you want to move this somewhere else, it maybe a good to create a sticky.

Cheers,
Denis

speckledmind

I'm doing some tests, to include some hyperlinks, images and so on in my upcoming publication for the Poor Man's Reef Tank project, and I need an area to test things out, since there is no formal testing area, here goes.

I'm also leaving myself some notes to remember what I did.

Got it, to insert an emoticones, use the " Insert Image " option

speckledmind

Trying to insert an image from my Photobucket album
Got it, use the URL Link - Layout Pages

So, if I where to show this image in 422 Pixel

Then continue my text here.

So, if I where to show this image in 540 Pixel

So, if I where to show this image in 640 Pixel

speckledmind

Random image for testing, not direct subject related
Inserting an image from an alternative public site

speckledmind

again

speckledmind

and again : )

Text above

Then contimued at bottom to follow up the story

Text is wrapped aroung image, and per image size on site

BigDaddy

All of these tests can be done with the Preview button without having to actually post them.

speckledmind

Quote from: BigDaddy on July 19, 2007, 11:55:34 AM
All of these tests can be done with the Preview button without having to actually post them.
Hey BigD,

To answer your reply, not quite.
That's why I am doing it here.

When an image is inserted from an uploaded file onto OVAS, the text is previewed in what ever format it as been created in, but the image does not show up with the text.
The image uploaded also shows in a different size.

I'm also testing size of images that will actually show up, text size, and wrapping text around an image, to show the start of a text, the image, then the continued text bellow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Then you could use the modify button once you discover it isn't precisely to your liking and repost with adjustments, this is superfluous.

PaleoFishGirl

darkdep

Sorry, unfortunately I'm not going to allow this to continue.  This is not a web code testing forum.