New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My monicure is 'dan2x38'

Started by dan2x38, July 05, 2007, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Hi everyone my name is Dan from here on in guess will be known as (agent LOL), dan2x38. I am not new here actually. It seems an introduction is in order though.

For more than a year I have been a successful aquarist. I have 6 freshwater tanks presently putting up a 7th one, one of those tanks is heavily planted and another moderately.

I believe strongly in research and knowledge absorption as a path to success in most any endeavor. As a result I think I have something to offer on a general bases from my trail and errors without killing all my fish. Conversely, I want to learn more and more and more from the longtimers and veterans on this forum. There is one thing we all have in common I know for sure of, that is the passion for aquaria.

Be fore warned though I believe the right way for me to learn things is by making mistakes. Through mistakes I learn what not to do the next time. Also I tend to be a slow learner at times and may repeat an error until it sinks into my aging grey matter... LOL Secondly, I believe there is only 1 stupid question that is, The Not Asked! Thirdly, I do not work as many of you so I am often bored to bloody tears. This very boredom gets me into trouble more often than not hence the soon to be 7th tank... LOL The old adage holds true for me, "Idol hands are the devils worship!" Fourthly, I feel I am somewhat of a white knight but in tarnished armor so I still tend to gallop to a persons aid damsel or not. Sort of like the Boy Scout helping the old woman across the road that actually is going the other way.... LOL Finally, in case you have not noticed I am some what verbose therefore you might find me posting a lot. If it offends you rap me on the knuckles but please just don't neuter me... LMAO Oh yeah I have somewhat of a dry humor and do think the Seinfeld sitcom is actually very funny!

My ex-wife once said, no often said, "You are like a Seinfeld rerun I've never known anyone who knew so much about nothing!" now that's entertainment... ROTFL

Maybe if we take time to get to know one another we each might find that other is actually very similar and also bored... ;) In no way would I pretend to know a minuscule fraction of the multitude of well versed persons in aquaria here. Truly I would never try to hurt another by word or hand!  Neither would I post in an immature or feeble effort to try and display or demonstrate a superior knowledge or appear to be a veteran of this awesome hobby.

As the great 18th century French philosopher once said, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it."

Well there ya have it that's me in a nut shell just one big nut really! If you think there must be more to me than this wordy monologue then please just ask.

Cheers,
Dan
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Shrimpy

Nice intro Dan. Welcome aboard!  :)

FishPassion

Hello Dan,

Welcome to OVAS and nice meeting you, I as well am ummmmmm retired :) and have kept myself busy with tanks and well everything else (long story). You will find this quite a friendly site and I hope you enjoy and learn from the fellow hobbiests here.

Klaus
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

beowulf

Dan don't listen to FP he is not retired he has just changed vocations and is now the King of Fireworks and is also going to be starting his own tv show available in all trailor parks accross north American called Pimp my Golf Cart.