Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new to the fish club & new to salt water tanks

Started by nemo21, July 22, 2007, 09:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo21

Hello every  one !

I'm new to this chat stuff and new to saltwater as well.

I currently have a 150 gal. tank with African cichlid's, but strongly thinking about going to convert the tank to salt water tank.

Because I'm new to the salt water I'll need all your knowledge on this topic.
I just bought a salt water book to help me get started (The new encyclopedia saltwater aquarium) by Greg Jennings. Got lots of info.

bye for now nemo21 :)

babblefish1960

Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society website, you have come to a good spot for information and collusion in this strange hobby.

What sort of African cichlids have you presently?

Good luck with the transformation of your 150 gallon into a saltwater tank, at least you know where your disposable income for the next couple of years will have gone. :)

kennyman

A good book in hand is worth more than a file full of bookmarks, or something like that  :)

My interest switched over from African cichlids to marine a while back and I get much more enjoyment from my reef tank.

sniggir

right on... good for you welcome to the club and into the fun ////$$$$$ world of marine, lust re,ember one key thing only bad things happen quick and good things take time!!!
so be patient and have fun 150 gal will be a beutiful tank for marine

Pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!