Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Dream tank

Started by beowulf, August 02, 2007, 12:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

What would your dream tank be?  How many gallons?  Dimensions?  What would you stock it with?

I like what this dude has http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/show_article.php?article_id=586

I would love something in the 7 foot range 500+ gallons with lots of flow and 25+ clown loaches as the main inhabitants.

Kemokid

DavidJohnson

I like clown loaches as well and I'd love to build an asian rivertank/terrarium combo.  The tank itself maybe in the 10'x3'x3' size range and the feature fish would be a large school of clown loaches  as well as a school of either tinfoil barbs or bala sharks.  Surrounding the tank I will have a jungle-like garden which would include a rock waterfall into one end of the tank.  It's not going to happen in my current house, but maybe my next one.  One can dream anyway.

beowulf

Quote from: DavidJohnson on August 02, 2007, 01:28:04 PM
I like clown loaches as well and I'd love to build an asian rivertank/terrarium combo.  The tank itself maybe in the 10'x3'x3' size range and the feature fish would be a large school of clown loaches  as well as a school of either tinfoil barbs or bala sharks.  Surrounding the tank I will have a jungle-like garden which would include a rock waterfall into one end of the tank.  It's not going to happen in my current house, but maybe my next one.  One can dream anyway.

That sound cool.  A 10 foot tank would be cool over 700 gallons!!!

plecoL83

1000g school of oscar, loads of reedfish, some huge pleco's. :D :P
oh yeah and some rays.

sniggir

if i were to do a 10 foot ... like that I would go with some spotted peacock bass... maybe a large fresh water eal.... that is of corse if i didn't turn it into a realy cool Tang comunity tank.... man that would be fun
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

kennyman

One of those coral reef tanks like the Metro Zoo displays with a surge tank to handle the wave action. About 6'x4'x4'. The sides and back would be faced with liverock bonded to the firberglass panels and the front would probably have to be 1" thick acrylic.  An Octopus would be fun along with a few squirrel fish and an Emperor Angel.

beowulf

I remember about a year ago the Big Al's in Montreal had a small octopus for sale.  From what I understand they can be very interesting to keep though a very strong lid is needed as they tend to go for walks and are so smart they can get many tops open.

Nerine

I would own the Biodome :D that would be my dream tank!! and just set up a "living" area LOL it'd be soo cool :)

but I doubt that would happen...SOOO I'd like to have at least a few thousand gallons of water :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts