Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What Do People Do For Background In Your Tank

Started by RossW, August 16, 2007, 08:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusFin

I have a mirrored backround on my in-wall 55 Gallon. I gives the tank depth and effectively doubles the number of fish I have, so no overstocking. ;D It's actually quite attractive.

I had a piece of mirror cut at Brown & MacFarlane Glass Co on Kaladar for a reasonable price. I siliconed it to the tank along the top of the frame but make sure the glass and mirror are absolutely clean and dry first because you see everything.

My anglefish hate it but as I explained to them, they were free and I had to pay for the mirror, so the mirror stays.

Mike

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

squeeker

Quoteuse to be a fan of the fancy background paper  , until squeeker suggested a solid colour after viewing  a picture i posted ( thanks squeeker  )

Haha, no problem!

All of my tanks, reptile or fish, have black backgrounds. 

sdivell

Here is my 10G saltwater nano that I'm working on... I used a fake stone spraypaint background like i showed you before.. took me about 20 minutes to do... and looks fantastic.