Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angels, Cherry barbs and Danios???

Started by chickenswell, August 27, 2007, 08:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chickenswell

:-\
Hi, I was wondering if I could put two Angels in a 90 gallons tank with 8 Danios, 4 Cherry barbs, 4 Clown loaches, 3 Siamese Algeaters and one Bushynose???  I'm planning on getting a 125 gallons for the Clown loaches in a year or so (they're about 4 inches long). There is a lot of room left in the aquarium; all the fish swim at the bottom or at the top, but the middle of the tank is deserted. I have lots of plants and hiding places. The Ph is at 6.7-6.8, probably because of the bogwood I put in there. I do water changes weekly (about 20 %). Are there other middle tank swimming fish I could put in there???

BigDaddy

That's plenty of space for the Angels for sure!  And yes, you could put some other mid-swimming school in that tank without any concerns.

I have a school of 18 Beckford's Pencilfish in my 75 (same size as your tank only 3 inches shorter), and they fill out the middle of the tank quite nicely .

BigDaddy

One thing though... do some research on the school you want to get.  You don't want to get any fin-nippers that might ruin your lovely Angel's appearace.