Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

eggs on plants that i just bought?

Started by bettabreeder, September 08, 2007, 09:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettabreeder

hi i just bought some plants for the petsmart in barrhaven and i noticed that there were egg sacs on the leaves. i don't know what they are. they have about 30 eggs in one sac. the eggs are really small and are surrounded by the sac. any info would be helpful. thx.

estuary

beowulf

Indeed unless you want tons of snails in the tank I would remove asap. 

Toss

If you see one, usually more on the plant. Clean it under running water from the tab or quarantine the plant for a few days.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

bettabreeder

thx guys i have removed the eggs into a different tank. this should be a cool experience for me. ill let you guys know how it goes.

MikeM

I've heard pond snails described many ways, but never "cool experience"  ;D

Depending on the type of snail, they may decide to graze on your plants, keep an eye on them, and get ready for a population explosion.  They breed amazingly quickly, even in bad water conditions.

Dr. Ashtray

Says the clown Loach.  "Mmmmm Pond snails! Easy pickins!!"  The trumpets are the really persistent ones.  A clown loach will actually harvest the snail eggs from the larger snails and leave them be until the population drops, then it is bye bye snails.  I have noticed that trumpet snails are way better at surviving with a clown loach.  I have them in most of my tanks because most have sand substrates and the MTS really love moving around the sand, which is a necessity in a sand sub. tank. 

Jeffrey...