Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Update on wasting away fish.

Started by washefuzzy, September 11, 2007, 06:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Since I've been giving my platies and endlers a bit of garlic every other day and better nutrition. Figured they had a parasite and would get really skinny and die. They are all nice a chubby now. They are all nice and healthy and I haven't lost any in over a month. :) :) :D :)
The Prime is also doing a great job in my 20gal haven't lost any fish since I changed from aquaclear. The more delicate cories, loaches and plecos where not doing where dieing off after a water change and I don't change as much water as I use to.
Nice seeing my fish thrive. ::)
The only problem is a very fat male platy, the patriarch, kind of roles about. Anyways he is in quarantine on a diet tell he slims down because he chows down all the food before other playties have a chance to get any! I think he may be a little bit constipated by his size so I'll feed he a little of peas to get things moving.
The science of the aquarium.  :)

jodes22

Glad to hear you aren't losing any more fish!! YAY

dan2x38

Quote from: washefuzzy on September 11, 2007, 06:57:03 PM
I think he may be a little bit constipated by his size so I'll feed he a little of peas to get things moving.

So he has to take a pea to have a poop? ROTFL!  ;D
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

washefuzzy

OrchidNow

Cool. Does this mean that the playts that you're taking care of for me is doing great?

Mine is doing better too, I think. Of course, now I'm thinking of getting more. :) But maybe I should let these ones get bigger and stronger  first.

BTW, I tried the salt and garlic but they don't eat them. I had to take the garlic out of the tank.

dan2x38

Quote from: OrchidNow on September 12, 2007, 11:39:10 AM
BTW, I tried the salt and garlic but they don't eat them. I had to take the garlic out of the tank.

An OVAS member Melody is very wise in the way of the garlic... :) if she reads this maybe she will share some of her knowledge here...  8) You can also Goggle 'aquarium' 'fish' 'garlic'... they are sensitive to to much garlic!
Voltaire:

washefuzzy

Orchidnow. What? I can't give up my baby platies I'm so attached to them now. :-[
I didn't just feed chucks of garlic to the fish. :D   I put the crushed clove in 1/4 oil. Than I would put a couple drops of oil on their food with a toothpick. They love this.  8)

dan2x38

Quote from: washefuzzy on September 12, 2007, 05:50:29 PM
Orchidnow. What? I can't give up my baby platies I'm so attached to them now. :-[
I didn't just feed chucks of garlic to the fish. :D   I put the crushed clove in 1/4 oil. Than I would put a couple drops of oil on their food with a toothpick. They love this.  8)

WasHe - are those the platies latios gave you?
Voltaire:

washefuzzy

Yes those little baby platies are happy and frisky eating micro worms and garlic infused food. I don't want to give them up. I'll wait until they turn into big piggy adult platies to not want them any more! :)
If I every get organized I will send you and Latio pics Dan.

OrchidNow

LOL...I was just teasing. I figured that you will get attached to them.
It's hard to NOT go out and get more fishies. I feel like saying "Are we there yet?" But everyone suggested that I don't add any more fish till the tank is more established. The 2 platys and danios are doing great. :)

Quote from: washefuzzy on September 12, 2007, 05:50:29 PM

washefuzzy

Dear Orchidnow it's great that your tank is finally doing well. I'll probable have some endlers for you as soon as they get big enough to see. I have 19 babies. . They are not really exciting to look at, well I think they are pretty, but they always swimming and on the go. Interesting little fellows. The males look really nice but I couldn't tell if I have males or female without out a microscope at this point.
I will have 2 playties to give you but I'm just waiting until your tank is good and stable. (just incase. :) )