Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers required 2nd annual OVAS membership drive

Started by babblefish1960, August 31, 2007, 02:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Thanks guys for doing a great job!! :) It was great meeting people!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

succinctfish

Well, I went to all the stores today with Babble.  That's a lot of driving.  :) It was great to see everyone on such a nice sunny day.  For picture of this exciting event and all the fantastic volunteers, check out OVAS events

charlie

I want to thank Babblefish for providing us witha great Swiss chalet lunch  ;)

babblefish1960

Lots of uproarious laughter, good one Charlie! ;D  Hope you enjoyed it, for the poor guys at Kanata today, so sorry about the bagels. :)

dan2x38

Wow Babble & Succinctfish lot of Klicks nice to take the crews lunch! :) x 1,000

Nice pics posted to looks like everyone was having fun... :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Quote from: charlie on September 08, 2007, 10:11:44 PM
I want to thank Babblefish for providing us witha great Swiss chalet lunch  ;)

Ok  ok, before anybody crucify Babblefish, we did not have Swiss Chalet for lunch  :D, i was trying to get some engines running @  high RPM`s, but we did have lunch or was it supper  ;), not allowed to what  :-X

babblefish1960

I would like to begin by thanking the volunteers who took time today to promote the club and the website, and of course to sell some memberships.

We were able to encourage and cajole 41 people today to join the club, and I would like to thank those who made their purchases for joining.

I would also like to send out a very big thank you to our hosts, Andrew at Big Al's Kanata, Jody at Big Al's Innes, Bob at Pet Circus downtown, and Marc-Andre at Animalerie La Niche in Gatineau, you were all great to us and we truly appreciate the space.

Thanks to BigDaddy and BigMomma for their work at making this a reality, they did a lot of printing and preparation work that was oh so helpful and timely.

Thank you Charlie for the creation of the OVAS photo albums to display, which shows the club in action doing as well as being, great idea, and a great result.

Thank you to Artw, Quatro, normc, Charlie, KLKelly, BigDaddy, busdriver, beowulf, BigMomma and pwrca for diligently staffing the tables and being so encouraging and forward. I am positive that there are many people today who were inspired by all of your enthusiasm.

I appreciate everyone's involvement and loaning of equipment and ideas, and a thank you to Crumpet for helping as much as she could in spite of her condition. ;)

Thanks also to Karen at Big Al's Innes for making sure that I was to get food for everyone and that I also go and find where I left poor succinctfish.  I can be forgetful at times. :)

And we also had a raffle today for each location for a $25 gift certificate from each of the stores involved, so here are the winners.

BA Innes, kemokid,  BA Kanata, Barb S.,   Pet Circus, Frank M.,  LaNiche, Diane R.

Congratulations to the winners of today's raffle prizes, you will all be contacted over the next few days and your prizes sent to you.

Check out the Gallery for more pictures of course.

BigDaddy

I would also like to thank the volunteers for there time yesterday.  It is a great way to spread the word about OVAS, sell a few memberships, and see the volunteer spirit of the club in action.

renadia

Thanks  :)

How do I get the certificate?

busdriver

Just wanted to let you know, even though we didn't get many customers on Bank St. I had a good time and it was very educational, wasn't it, Sean?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

beowulf

Quote from: busdriver on September 10, 2007, 02:28:47 PM
Just wanted to let you know, even though we didn't get many customers on Bank St. I had a good time and it was very educational, wasn't it, Sean?

BTW Terry remember your rottie lady?  I was having a picnic with Ashley and Koda close to the water treatment plant and she was there on Sunday lol.

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

BigDaddy

Quote from: busdriver on September 10, 2007, 02:28:47 PM

Absolutely.  I now know not to buy drugs from a skinny woman on Bank & Somerset because it is bad stuff... and I also now know that I can sit in public and inhale camping fuel fumes in broad day light... well until the ambulance comes to take me away.

succinctfish

Hey, when I was visiting you guys it was very friendly and peaceful.  Of course, I was looking for people going into the store, all those normal folk you must have missed.   ::)

dan2x38

Well BD I shop at the Hartmans on that corner; There is rarely a dull moment down there... you guys should get a bravery metal!!!  :D ;D ::) I've had my fair share of laughs & entertainment along there...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."