Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Introducing me - Frankiewanky

Started by frankiewanky, September 13, 2007, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankiewanky

Hey OVAS (sounds like the plural of many eggs) Members:

Just wanted to say HOWDY....

Frank stands in a crowded room in Jack Purcell and nervously rises to say HI My name is Frank and yes I love fish....no gasps at all. They understand. He hopes the crowd will say HELLLLOOOOO Frank...welcome Frank.
I joined up outside PET CIRCUS on Bank on Saturday afternoon. Three BIG guys roughed me up and FORCED me to sign up... ;-)...just kidding. They were very helpful ! I never got their names though. Lots of time for that I guess.
I used to raise show bettas, killifish  and liverbearers in the past. I moved on to raising Exhibition / English budgies and Exhibition Zebra finches and then on Saturday the smell of aquarium water and the THREE MUSKETEERS drew me back into the fold !
I have no aquarium yet though I am in the process of acquiring one.
I haven't even decided what I would like to keep, raise and breed.  Hopefully I will get lots of advice and suggestions in the coming weeks.
Well that's about it. Simple and short...that's me.
Why Frankiewanky ?...well I really don't think you want to know why I chose that handle but if you ask I will have to be FRANK about it ;-)
Looking forward to meeting a few of you at the next meeting on the 24th.
Take care
F

Lots of tanks - lots of fish

babblefish1960

Welcome to the OVAS website frankiewanky, and of course thanks for joining the club too.  Those three lowlifes that roughed you up for a membership were, beginning with the tallest, BigDaddy, Busdriver, and Beowulf.  That is funny, I just realized you were at the "B" site.

I am sure you will enjoy the meeting, that is mandatory, we only have fun! ;)

As for the advice surrounding your future plans of what you should have for fish, I shall begin by telling you that it requires a lot of research. Hang out at a fish store, look on the web, and of course, see what it is that attracts your attention first.  Whatever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy them.

washefuzzy

Hello Frank
Glad to see you where manhandle into OVAS. Though I'm not sure if budgies and water will mix!  ;D

dan2x38

Hey Frankie cheers... hope you've recovered from that rough housing...  8) Tough bunch that B-Team... LOL

Just one tank... yeah right... LOL Tons of great advice here that's for sure... have fun...
here's a sample of offers:

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=19643.0

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=20047.0

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=19860.0

Classifieds loaded with deals!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

beowulf

Hey Frank, great to see you one the boards and great that you won the gift certificate!!!  We only twisted your arms and legs a little to get you to buy a membership  ;)

frankiewanky

Thanks for the great welcome everyone. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Finally got my plug and play planted 21 gallon tank (with cute baby plecos) from Charlie.
Let's hope I can keep it that way  ;). Bought a pair of Endlers today too from Dr. Ashtray.....I am already looking for another tank and killifish toooooooo.  ::)

Beowulf: Glad you and the B team boys are playing along...no bruises had here except for $ 20 invested in a great group. The roughing up story is all part of my story to friends and work colleagues - my evil plan to get back into the (great) addiction is working. There is no way interventions and my do gooder "fish are not real pets" friends and their fish annoymous 12 step program will not save me this time around.   :D

See you all on the 24th !
Frank

artw

Hey Frank glad to hear you got the 21 all filled up and running.  looking forward to seeing pictures of it.

groan

hi!
and what's a "liverbearers"

would be neat to see...;)

frankiewanky

lol...that would be livebearer...Frank is bad typer.....oh smartypants