Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Please help me in identifying this fish

Started by White Lightning, September 23, 2007, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Lightning

I was at Big Al's on Innes today and I saw a fish that looked exactly the same as one that my nieghbour had given me. I asked the guy working what it was and he told me that it was a wild red throat severum. The  price listed was $67.99. Seems a little costly if you ask me. Can anyone tell me by the picture what it is?

[attachment deleted by admin]

mseguin

It's a Severum, but there are several species of them, some still undescribed, so for a wild one of decent size that's not a bad price, not cheap, but not unexpected

White Lightning

Thanx for letting me know. Now hopefully I can get some more help in identifying these fish as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

RoxyDog

blue cichlid, orange cichlid, black and white cichlid.   :D

really, the blue guy could be a number of different ones.  I'll go with:

male m. estherare
female m. estherae
julidochromis of some sort  (transcriptus maybe?)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.