Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquaclear 110 clicking

Started by Jeff1192, October 04, 2007, 08:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I have a brand new Aquaclear 110 on my tank. I started it up and it is constantly clicking. It's really annoying. I took a look at the impeller and it seems ok. I'm not sure what's causing this. Any ideas? Would I be best to return it for a new one?

Thanks,

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

beowulf

I would probably return it since it is brand new.  The store will either fix it on the spot for you or give you a new one.

babblefish1960

I would agree that you should return it, however, there is only one moving part, and that is the impeller, perhaps before you return it you could just have a peek inside and see if there is something in with the impeller, or even if it is skewiffy.  Have fun with that of course.

Jeff1192

Yeah I had already taken a look at the impeller, it seemed normal. Anyways I took it back to the store and they switched the motor for me. It's running again and so far, so quiet. ;D I had just posted in case I was missing something really obvious that could be adjusted. Thanks for your help.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell