Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

T5 Lighting supplies

Started by Aquaviewer, September 28, 2007, 02:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquaviewer

I'm planning another 10 gal planted tank project and I need new lights.  I've read mention of Litmor (sp?) here is Ottawa as a supplier for DIY lighting parts.  Would they have materials to build a 12" or 18" T5 setup.  Do these sizes exist in T5?. 

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

sdivell

i'm not a complete expert but im pretty sure the smallest T5 bulbs i've seen are 24"

BigDaddy

Current USA has a 16.5 inch T5HO 18W bulb.  Not too easy to get a hold of though, I'd imagine you'd have to special order it.  Likely not something Litemore carries.

Here's a link to the first Google search result I found on the bulb

http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_novabulbs.htm

Aquaviewer

Hmmm.  I didn't think that this would be this hard.  Thanks for the link.

I got to thinking about this after a trip to the Plumbing and Lighting Store where I saw some 12" T5 bulbs (daylight).  I was in a rush at the time and the parts guy wasn't around so I didn't ask whether they had anything else.  I figured that someone in town might carry ballasts etc..

Might have to switch to plan "B"
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

Brine

try

Buchanan Lighting

129 Loretta Avenue North
Ottawa, ON K1Y 2J7, Canada
(613) 728-3551

BigDaddy

You can likely get T5 bulbs under 24 inches long... but T5 High Outputs under 24 inches are harder to come by.

limmer

You could call the Hydroponics on Richmond road near Churchhill. 613-715-9472 (Hydro Culture emporium Inc.) or look up another.