Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

10g stocking ideas??

Started by plecoL83, October 03, 2007, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plecoL83

while cleaning out my basement **surprise surprise** I found a ten gallon with a filter, grave, heater light hood ect..With out further ado I set it up in my room filled it with water and it's currently bubbling away. But now I'm faced with a horrible fact, I have absolutly no idea what to put in it!! ;) So I decided to ask on ovas.
For the tank I have a few restrictions.
-I would like it to be a sigles specimen or species tank
-The more exotic and bizzare the better.
-Must be able to find it at a local fish store.
Aside from that I would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks in advance...
Pleco L83

kennyman

I have been thinking about this for a while myself. I also have an empty 10g sitting here that I was thinking of breeding amano shrimp in.

But I may just plant it up and drop in some exotic African Killifish. they are so colourfull and supposedly do very will in a small species aquarium.

fischkopp

Quote from: plecoL83 on October 03, 2007, 07:42:17 PM
-The more exotic and bizzare the better.
-Must be able to find it at a local fish store.

Nice surprise!  :D

But doesnt exotic/bizarre and available in local fish stores exclude each other?  ???

Anyway, if you want a species tank you can go with a pair of dwarf cichlids, rare apistos maybe, but there are others like dicrossus. Just a thought  :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Laura

sparkling gourami
scarlet badis
chocolate gourami
specialty dwarf shrimp (crystal reds etc petshrimp.net)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

plecoL83

I saw some apistos at big als a while ago I'm going tomorrow so I'll see if they've got some. Though I also like the idea of kilie fish....hmmm, chocolate gouramis?? ahhg so many fish!!!

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

plecoL83

beowulf