Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

feeding baby fish ?

Started by audioslave_36, October 23, 2007, 12:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioslave_36

OK so I came home to Baby's in my tank :)  but now what do I feed them ?  ???

BigDaddy

Depends on what kind of babies you have  ;)

NjOyRiD

baby brine shrimp is always good :D
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

audioslave_36

so here is a pick of mommy fish :) she is the brownish one with red fins,  bottom middle
(Aulonocara Jacobfeigergi - Eureka Red )

[attachment deleted by admin]

RoxyDog

did you get the babies out?  with all the other fish in the tank, I think you won't have to worry about feeding the baby fish, as they will become food for the others most likely.  what few survived for awhile in my tank ate the flake/pellets that floated by them, but eventually they all became the dinner. 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

audioslave_36

Yep, I managed to save 27 of them :)  they are living in a strainer at the top of the tank  :-[   so far so good

beowulf

Since I really do not have the room for babies at the moment, I just let mine go in the tank and made sure for a lot of hidding places and i have survivors from 3 different spawns of afras.  I did nothing special to feed them other then crushing some flakes small enough and I have 2 from spawn 1, 3-4 from spawn 2 and another 2-3 from the third. 

sniggir

I use crushed up spurilina, delphina, baby brine shrimp, mysis, and different crushed pellets
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

darkdep

BBS is perfect for the first 2 weeks.  Then I move on to crushed flake or NLS Grow.

mcman

i've always just fed crushed up flakes or what ever you can turn into powder. i haven't had much luck growing bbs. i've had many many babies, and they survive if you separate them like beowulf says or they will become food. :'(