Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

what to add to my 75

Started by gmann, October 04, 2007, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmann

Need some ideas please.. Currently I have the following in my 75g: 1m Metriaclima estherae (Blue), 4 Metriaclima estherae (red), 1 Rusty(sex unknown), 2f yellow tail aceii, 1m Demasoni, 1m Melonochromis Dialeptos,
1m lab. "hongi", 6 yellow labs and 1 bn pleco. What would be a good  "mbuna" addition to this tank? The male Metriaclima estherae (Blue) and 2 aceii are the only adult sized fish in the tank. thanks.
gmann

hamstercaster

How about a Peacock.  Some are relatively peaceful and would make a nice addition to your tank me thinks

gmann

thanks Hamstercaster but I want to keep this an mbuna tank only. 
gmann

new_hobby

Quote from: gmann on October 05, 2007, 11:03:25 AM
thanks Hamstercaster but I want to keep this an mbuna tank only. 
gmann

How about Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (Maingano)?

RoxyDog

Quote from: new_hobby on October 05, 2007, 11:16:47 AM
How about Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (Maingano)?

oooo these get my vote too, I love mine.  :)  or an OB fuelleborni, also one of my favs if you don't want a "blue" fish.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

gmann

thanks for these two beauties.I am heading to TO next weekend so I will look for them there.

artw

OB fuellebornis would get my vote too

RoxyDog

for the melanochromis, I think people around here have some babies (Quatro maybe?).  mine breed but I've never taken the female out to get the babies.  for the fuellebornis, the OB can have some amazing colouring, especially the spots on their fins...if you like pretty fish.  :)

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

darkdep

OB Fuelleborni...great fish.  I hope to have them again.  Large ones look like muppets.

gmann

I have found my melanochromis(thanks Quatro) now I NEED to find the OB FUELLEBORNI. Where did you find yours DD? I will be getting some fossochromis and spilonotus for my 135g this weekend, woo-hoo...

darkdep

Long time ago I got them off of a member here, can't remember who tho.  I had a trio, 2 females and 1 male.  They were pretty much full size too.  Really wish I still had them.

hamstercaster

I have one that's fairly big but he's little bully lol.. he doesn't seem to like the Hongis I got at the auction ;-)... He chases them around quite a bit and it seems to be the only fish he really chases around aside from the occasional fit with a couple other fish.  He may end up being for sale if he doesn't smarten up lol....

RoxyDog

You can find them locally, when Kanata PS was still SP still they had a bunch of juvies, I got one there.  The other was when Merivale PS was still SP, I found a nice adult...my favourite fish, and the most expensive one too.   :D  Just a thought, I dunno if you normally buy online or not, but with these guys you might not want to.  Some of them can be pretty blah looking so I recommend you see them and pick out the "pattern" you like.  :)

mseguin

There's stilla few of those juvies left at PS Kanata, they're a good size now, and looknig good

hamstercaster

go in the Classifieds section, I'm selling mine (OB Fuelleborni)