Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need help ventilating my canopy

Started by RoxyDog, October 21, 2007, 03:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

I need to ventilate my plastic canopy for my SW tank.  The heat for sure killed my shrimp. :(  I've discussed with some people what I need, small fans for sure, a way to power them if I use computer fans.  Any handy people out there wanna help me rig them?  I'm not really sure what exactly to do.   :-[  :-\
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Zoe

I got some fully wired on ebay... came out to the same price as making them myself.

redbelly

Hey Jenn,
Wiring them up is crazy easy. There are all kinds of cpu fans available. You can get crazy quiet ones that are under 23 decibles even or super cheap ones from princess auto.

I have a box of old power cords here and i just looked through to find one that was 12vdc. You can also find them at princess auto if you dont have one.

The last flyer from princess auto had themon sale for around $2 per fan.

Patrick

RoxyDog

I need them to be small...and I'm not sure I get the whole AC/DC thing?   ??? 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

charlie

Jenn , have a look here
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=19751.msg143620#msg143620
Princess auto as Pat suggested is another good cheap source.

Most of the fans are 12 V DC cuurent , you would need a DC power supply ( transformer) that takes the 120 V from home & convert it to DC voltage, again Princess is another good source.
Hope that helps