New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Suggestions on what to remove

Started by Ormarr, October 22, 2007, 11:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ormarr

I currently have a 75g stocked with:

9 - Yellow Labs
6 - A. Stuartgranti (no sure what strain)
5 - Rustys
9 -  Ps. Saulosi
3 - Albino BN Plecos

Since I'll be moving my Africans to a 50g (36x18x18, I am converting my 75g to a planted tank), what would you recommend I get rid of to minimized aggression?  I'll have more than enough filtration, so that isn't a problem.

Thanks.

Zoe

Could you just keep the BN plecos in the 75g planted tank?

darkdep

You might want to keep the plecos with the Africans to help keep the tank clean.

I would guess you get the most aggression from your Saulosi and maybe the rusties.  I'd lose some of the saulosi and some of the labs.

Ormarr

That's what I was thinking.  I forgot to mention that all of my fish are still juvies (2.5" at the most).  I'd like to keep a reasonable m/f ratio and it should be easier to do now that they are maturing a bit.

RoxyDog

well, depending on what ones you like the best, loose a few of each?  I agree with loosing some of the labs and saulosi.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Ormarr

I suppose the answer I'm looking for is what would be a reasonable number of Africans (the kind I listed) to keep in a well filtered 50g?

RoxyDog

The footprint being only 36", I'd keep the smallest ones, so keep mostly saulosi and then just a couple of the others that you really like?  I have 20 in a 77gal (not counting loaches) although I've had over 30.  So, depending on fish size, say, no more than 15?
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

PoisonJello

well to make things easier you could just turn the 50g into a planted tank  ;)

Ormarr

I wanted to switch tanks because I think it would be cheaper for me to do so.  Less equipment to buy/upgrade this way.