Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Is A Jager Heater Submersible

Started by RossW, October 11, 2007, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossW

I just bought two Jager Heater 250W heaters and want to be 110% sure they are OK to submerse.

This is what I bought.
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/heaters.php?product_ID=ht-eb250

Any one care to assure me that I am OK to submerse these guys?  It will be the first time I submerse a heater...

Thanx,
Ross

Aquaviewer

I hope they are submersible, I have five of them under water right now...... ;)

Yes they are submersible.  The water line marked on the heater is a North American safety standard requirement as I understand it.  I was told there is no water line indicated on the Jager for the European market.
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

fischkopp

From the german product site :

Quote*  Die Temperatur kann von 18° bis 34° präzise eingestellt und ggf. nachjustiert werden. Die Regelgenauigkeit beträgt +/- 0,5°C.
    * Die Wärme wird konstant gehalten. Eine Kontrollleuchte zeigt die Heizfunktion an.
    * Der Stab lässt sich voll eintauchen, hat einen Trockenlaufschutz und ist für Süß- und Meerwasser geeignet.
    * Der Glasmantel vergrößert die Heizoberfläche, komprimiert die Wärme und sorgt für optimale, gleichmäßige Wärmeabgabe.
    * Mantel aus Spezial-Laborglas

... the bar (heater) is fully submersible ...
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

darkdep

Another vote for yes, totally submersible.  All mine are.

bitterman

Technically they do not pass the CSA aproval for Canada if submersed. But everplace else sais they submersible, so they should be fine.

FishBuddy

I've asked the same question a couple of years ago and gotten an answer of 'yes'...  Since then, I have all my Jagers submersed and they all worked fine....

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

RossW

I have had my Jager's submersed now for a week or so and no problems at all.

Thanx for all of the feedback.