Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My 90G planted Stock List

Started by Brine, November 09, 2007, 03:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brine

1 Mature Rainbow Shark, 1 Mature Siamese Algae Eater, 1 Clown Pleco, 2 Dwarf Puffers, 2 Ototcinclus (Otto Cats), 2 Bristlenose Plecos, 3 (1M, 2F) Kribensis, 4 Clown Loaches, 5 Juvenile (5M) Apistogramma Cacatuoides, 5 Dwarf Aquatic Frogs, 12 Scissor Tail Rasboras,13 Harlequin Rasboras and 20 Cherry Barbs

RoxyDog

are dwarf puffers community fish? (I don't know..I'm asking.  :))
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Brine

They are so far...it's been a week or so since I got them. They seem to have no fear of anyone and I have often seen them chasing other bigger fish away if they get a bit too close.
Time will tell.
Perhaps someone else has more experience in this and would like to chime in.

beowulf

If your asking for stocking questions, I would add 2-3 SAEs, 2-4 Otto's and 2 Clown loaches.  The rest of them I would leave as is.

Brine

If it wasn't such a pain in the butt to remove stock from this tank due to all the plants I would change up some stuff.
The cherry barbs could go as they don't school well enough for my liking. The mature SAE could go because the rainbow shark chases it too much. Maybe the shark could go as well although I've had it for a few years now and I kind of like it. I would like a few more puffers...preferably females. Maybe some more frogs. I could add more Otto cats too but no more clown loaches, 4 is enough. Maybe a couple of Khooli (sp?) loaches.
I have been procrastinating pruning the plants for a while now so perhaps when I finally get around to it I'll try to clear out some of this stock as well.

renadia

Hi Brine,

How are the 5 Dwarf Aquatic Frogs doing with all these different fish? Have they been in the tank long? I'm curious since I do find them very cute, we had 2 in a 10 gal that did not survive. What so you feed your community?

Will you post pictures of your tank?

Thanks

Diane

Brine

There are some pics of my tank here
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=21635.msg152039#msg152039

As for the frogs they have been in there for more than a month I'd say and they are doing just fine.

I feed my community all kinds of stuff. I have some algae tabs, bloodworm, tubifex worms, Big Al's sinking sticks (which don't sink), a bag of that cheap "multi-purpose" flake food, pacific plankton, New Life Spectrum (NLS) Cichlid formula, Hikari Cichlid gold mini floating pellets and some of those green flakes (the proper name of which escapes me at the moment)
I usually mix it up, a bit of this and a bit of that at each feeding. I also have some gold fish flakes someone gave me so I toss some of those in every once in a while.

Everyone seems to be feeding well so far.

beowulf

I have 1 red tail shark and 4 SAEs and I noticed that when I only had 1 or 2 SAEs the shark would harass the hell out of them but now with 4 he leaves them alone as the 4 stick together.