Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angel eggs

Started by Gilles, November 30, 2007, 08:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilles

Well, I finelly have some eggs today ;D. now ...do I take out mom and dad? ::) leave them? I see some white eggs, I think those are no good eggs right?

thanks in advance for your help.

Gilles

Toss

Leave them both in the tank. Angels are good parents :)
If they failed to raise them after a few attempts, you only move them when they are in the advance wiggler stage, just before they become free swimmer, any earlier attempt will reduce your yield of survivor. :)
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

Vizerdrix

Hi Gilles,

Yes, the white eggs are unfertilized.  The parents *should* take care of them.

In my one attempt at breeding angels, years ago, the parents ate the eggs.  It was their first time though, and I think I sold them shortly after that, so never had a chance to let them try again.

Sometimes it takes them a couple of tries before they get it right.  What kind of set-up are they in?  Any other fishes in there?

Gilles

I have a 30 gallon split in two, I have guppies on one side and the pair of angel in the other....i came back today and the eggs were gone...so i will try agan... :)

Dorrie

Yeah, the same thing happened to me too.
I have three angels with a bunch of tetras in a blackwater 55g and one night I came to feed the lot and found eggs on the heater (ok, the heater was probably a bad choice :(, but hey).
Did your angels guard their eggs? 'Cuz mine were keeping all the other fish away (except for the corys, they just hanged on the bottom underneeth and were left alone).
Since the parents were guarding the eggs, I was surprised the next morning to see that they were all gone :'(.
But I did some research and it's apparently normal for first-time parents to eat the first few egg batches. ???
Here's to hoping your angels try again! ;D

Gilles

They were all alone on their side so they ate them. but i,m sure they will try again...:-)

Vizerdrix

It's nice to see that you're so positive about the whole thing!  Good for you, and good luck with your angels! :)