Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

styrofoam backgrounds

Started by sayeau, January 03, 2008, 01:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayeau

hi all

i am thinking of doing a styrofoam background for some of my tanks but were can i get styrofoam. and what kind is safe for my fish.

NetCop

How about contacting your local grocery store's fish department.
I bet they get thier fish sent to them in it and then just discard of it after.

Good way to get styrofoam boxes to use when transporting your own fish too should you buy/sell any.

garnpet

I got mine from Home Depot.  Huge 8 foot sheets, 2 inches thick, 24?? inches wide of the plain white stuff.  Take a couple and glue them together and start carving.  I can't remember the price, but it was pretty cheap.

[attachment deleted by admin]
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

darkdep

I second Home Depot.  The sheets garnpet is talking about are about $8.

sayeau

thanks guys
that was a lot of help, i was at Home Depot and i did not see them.
i will go back :D

darkdep

Go to where the insulation is.  It's in that aisle, likely at the very RIGHT of the store, past the wood.

sdivell

Yup chris is right... insulation..right side of the store. near the lumber.    I think theres one store in Ottawa that actually has the lumber and insulation at the left and I think its the one on bank street.

Brine

Correct. The one at Bank near the LCBO Warehouse has the Styrofoam on the left side of the store about 3/4 of the way down the building on the back side of the rack behind the pink fibreglass insulation.

Toss

Same with HD in Barrhaven :) left side
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS