Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PMDD

Started by dannypd, February 17, 2005, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannypd

Does anyone make this stuff in bulk??  I don't want to get into makig this stuff, but I'd love to 'trade' or simply buy out some from you guys!!

BigDaddy

I don't make PMDD per say... since I don't put my nitrate or potassium in it... I dose it seperately.  I do make a solution that would be comparable to Flourish Complete though.

You can't make trace mixes in bulk, simply because it doesn't keep that long.  Light and heat can oxide the elements, making them useless to the plants.  Plus, unless you refrigerate it, it tends to get moldy.

dannypd

Really eh?

So does anyone of a good resource for making the Poor Mans Dosing Drops?

Even the pure solutions would be helpful, assumine in their pure state should last much longer.

luvfishies

Most of the DRY ingredients are available from Hydroponics shops.

You should have an outlet of this chain there in Ottawa somewhere:

http://www.hydroponics.com/

If not, they do ship.

dannypd

Quote from: "luvfishies"Most of the DRY ingredients are available from Hydroponics shops.

You should have an outlet of this chain there in Ottawa somewhere:

http://www.hydroponics.com/

If not, they do ship.

There's actually a hydroponics shop in my area....

They have a LOT of stuff, but the lady told me her stuff isnt good for aquaria plants.....she told me most ppl grow 'medical' plants with her fertilizers.

Anubias

Two hydroponics shops sell the ingredients. B & B Hydroponics and Upper Valley Hydroponics at 46 Antares Drive. Both in the book. Don't bother with other shops. I could probably sell you 3 or 4 onces of the mix for $10 if they don't carry it.

BigDaddy

I get my stuff from Upper Valley.

I buy KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate), KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate), K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate) and a trace element mix.

dannypd

k, I will save this post to my computer when I get home tonight.  I will experiment with some mixes.

I may have an algea outbreak in my brackish tank soon.....argh

BigDaddy

Unless you have high light and CO2, the only one you will likely NEED is the trace element mix.  And even then, you won't be using a whole heck of a lot of it...