Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Frogspawn and umbrella leather, close neighbours...

Started by FISHEYE, January 14, 2008, 09:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISHEYE

This might be a basic question to ask for most of you, but nonetheless...

In my 16 gallon, I have a large frogspawn at the center and a large umbrella leather on the left side. I was told that if they touch, the leather can sting the frogspawn (or vis-versa?) therefore I have kept them apart. Both are very happy and they are getting closer and closer together, and I don't have much space left (unless I move stuff around). What are the risks involved if they touch? I will most likely move the FS some more tonight, but I was hoping to get some advice/information on the topic from you guys...

Thanks in advance!

Heidi

The frogspawn will sting the leather!!! it's best to not let them touch as the leather will shrivel up where it is touched. Overtime - the shrivelled part may go back to it's normal state but if left touching - that part will dy off.
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

FISHEYE

They are about 4-5 inches from each other (when the frogspawn is retracted), but once the frogspawn is in a good mood, it stretches to about an inch or so from the leather, who on his part tends to expand as well.

It's decided I will move the FS tonight!