Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pics of my 180 gallon

Started by Faerin, January 15, 2008, 08:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerin

Hi all. A bunch of people have been asking me for pics of my tank, so I figured I would post them up here as well as at AC.

A little background for those who haven't seen it, the tank is a 180g in wall (with a 60g 24" cube going in beside it in the future), with 75g sump/fuge and a MAG18 return pump. I'm running a 400w Halide on each end, a 250w Halide in the center and two 6' VHO actinics. Closed loop is running off a reeflow dart, and my 4' lifereef skimmer is run by a Gen-X mak4.

I was having a bit of a slime algae problem, but after replacing one of my halides it's starting to clear up. I also have some micro bubbles making it into the DT that I haven't found the source of yet. I think they're coming from the sump, but I have some more detective work to do. The tank is still looking a little barren, but it's slowly getting there. It's been running for just about a year now.

For fish so far, I have a yellow tang, tiny regal tang and a camera shy mandarin who has spent the last week trying to spawn with the regal (it's pretty amusing) ... those two spend most of their time side by side until the camera comes out.

FTS with the flash:

And without:

A brain I picked up at Az's (and my YT being a camera hog):

Right island:

Left island:

The rest of the pics can be found here.

Shrimpy

fischkopp

I am not so much into salt, but what you are pulling off there is amazing, nice aquascaping too! I enjoyed your gallery, lots of ideas for the future. Its a great project and certainly something I want to do once I have a basement.

PS: you may want to correct the links to the pictures
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

sniggir

Looking Good, can't wait to see this tank in 2-3 years... will be spectacular.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

FISHEYE

I really like the way you have divided your aquascape into two sides. Looks really good! Pictures like these make me want to buy a bigger tank!

kennyman

really nice looking! is that tank 18" or 24" wide?

Faerin

Thanks for the comments!

Kennyman, the tank is a standard AGA 180 gallon, 72"x24"x24".

groan

I Love the islands!
Why didnt i think of that when aquascaping my 55?!

oh well, looks fantastic.