Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I Am Looking For Some Help Please

Started by elad, January 10, 2008, 05:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elad

Good evening all

I was wondering if there is anyone in the east end (Rockland) 45 min from Kanata and 25 min From Downtown

willing to help me plumb my tank / build my sump and help me design A 2 x 4 stand to hold the two tanks on.

and maybe a little bit of Aquascaping.

I have no idea on how to plumb or if I need anything else.

I am clueless to  plumbing/carpantry and electronics

here is what I have

90 Gallon Tank
75 gallon Sump
OR 6500 X 2
4 - 6' Length PVC 1" and ABS 1 1/2" and some other assorted plumbing parts that I am unsure of what or were to put them.
2 40lbs bags of Aragonite
Approximatly 50 -75 lbs of LR will need more.
a few small sheets of plexi glass that I will use for baffels/ fuge
Berlin Turbo Skimmer good for up to 250 - 300 gallons I think  ???
1 Whale 300 watt heater

24 pcs of 2x4 screws wood glue diy braces yes the are metle but are angle but a hammer flattens them up.
2 4' pink foam pcs for any minor adjustments.

I have a temporary 48 " PC Light fixture that needs some work ie higher wattage ballest? currently WH 5 I think I need a WH 7 or 8

and some help designing the system and some ideas for my dream system later on down the road.

so if anybody is willing to give up some spare time to help out it would be greatly appreciated. thoughts experiance knowledge good ideas etc.

let me know when you are available or maybe we can set a time/date up.

I would like to get the tank set up

Thanks in advance to everyone that responds.

Cheers

Dale
Solana 36 gal SW
35lbs LR
1black clown
A few cleaners
Aqua illumination  Sol LED light fixture
8 puck 24 led blue,royal,white,light
Combination
1 vortec MP 40
1 reefkeeper lite
2 hydor korilias 750

Seriously need to add to the tank lol

groan

very ambitious!
I would help but, well I'm useless at that stuff. That's why I always opt for the often more expensive way of buying pre-made.
good luck!

Adam.Derome

Hey Dale,

I could help you with some of your plumbing, and with the stand construction if you'd like a hand.

I live Downtown, about 4 blocks from the Rideau center. Usually available at the beginning of the week.

Let me know,
Adam

elad

Solana 36 gal SW
35lbs LR
1black clown
A few cleaners
Aqua illumination  Sol LED light fixture
8 puck 24 led blue,royal,white,light
Combination
1 vortec MP 40
1 reefkeeper lite
2 hydor korilias 750

Seriously need to add to the tank lol

percula99

Dale, when you do your aquascaping, start with your smaller pieces at the bottom. Use them as footings in your sand bed. Place the larger pieces on top as they usually have more ineteresting shapes and the structure will be sturdier.

Good luck with your set up.
180 gallon reef. 250 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with some SPS. Show fish are Blonde Naso, Emperor Angel, mated Ocellaris clowns. 504 watt LEDs..