Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

How difficult is it to setup a RO/DI system?

Started by Ormarr, March 03, 2008, 09:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ormarr

I'm considering buying a RO/DI system for the SW tank I will soon setup.  How difficult are they to setup?

Thanks.

sniggir

to plumb them inline I have not attempted yet but as for the rest you just have to attach it to a focet, and make sure you have a drain for the waist water.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

Ormarr

I have a large wash basin with tap and drain in the basement laundry room.  It has a pretty standard threaded faucet I can hook up my python system to.  Would that be able to accommodate a RO/DI unit?

redbelly

The Purely H2O systems that I have in stock all have the attachement for your laundry room sink.

AdamN

I have one of Pat's (redbelly) Purely H2O systems hooked up to my laundry room sink and it feeds into my ATO tank, it works wonders.

buzzard

You say that you have a laundry tub for the waste water???, Then it is VERY easy to set up.
Took me about an hour to install mine and I have never done one before that.
I actually run my waste water into my washing machine (waste water is actually better than tap water).
Most ro units have a "clamp tap" so you can tap right into your cold water pipe and still use your tap for the tub.
If the ro unit did not come with one of these, you can pick one up at just about any hardware stores for about 5 bucks, makes it quick and easy and you can still use your faucet.