Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Newbie with a few questions!

Started by Cris6238, May 09, 2008, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cris6238

Hello to all!

I recently introduced myself with a few plumbing questions in the wrong place  :-\.

I have fully set up my plumbing and will post pictures soon....1500GPH rated overflow + 5G sump + Mag5 return on a 12G nano saltwater tank... I dialed down the return as it was just ridiculous  :o @ full speed...but thats a whole other ordeal...

Here is where I need help!

I have included an image that was previously posted by another member in "24G reef build". I apologize for using someone else's image but I just wanted to know where I might be able to get ahold those return "flex-hose" type things... ??? They are visible in the top-left corner. I currently have a return hose from a Fluval canister filter that is connected to the output from the pump...

I would prefer to do it right and finish my return line as elegantly as possible... I got sick of my improvisations and decided to just do everything right  ::) .....

I noticed all over the internet that reef keepers have glued these to their return piping and I am stumped as to where they all managed to get them... ???

I appreciate all help! Thank you all!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Funkmotor

Quote from: Cris6238 on May 09, 2008, 12:30:18 AM
I have included an image that was previously posted by another member in "24G reef build". I apologize for using someone else's image but I just wanted to know where I might be able to get ahold those return "flex-hose" type things... ??? They are visible in the top-left corner. I currently have a return hose from a Fluval canister filter that is connected to the output from the pump...

The stuff is called "Flexible Ball Socket."  The brand name is "Loc-Line".  Search that up and you're sure to get tons of hits for places that sell it.

If you keep it submerged it's great.  Even if some of it is out of the water it's still great, but it does creep salt out around each ball joint as it's not a perfect seal.  Wicked stuff, though.  You'll probably want the 1/2" stuff.

Cris6238

Perfect! Thanks a lot.

I dropped by Marinescape today and I asked about that. They have 1/2" ones in stock but the adaptor that threads into piping is on backorder...they're expecting some in a week or so.

Price-wise..I was told roughly 20$, the person who helped me was not sure how much it would be. Does anyone have any that they are willing to sell? (1/2" inch with flow tip and treaded pipe adaptor) ? Better yet, does anyone know where else I may buy some...and for how much?

Cris6238

Grabbed all my loc-line from BWI (See: "Auto Top Off System" thread), great site and pricing!