Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to buy stones?

Started by littlelil, April 26, 2008, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlelil

Where is the best place to get the cheapest rocks/bricks/stones?

Stuff like this:http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/4959584&category=gravel-sand would be really ideal but the place in the ad is really far.. or perhaps some warehouse that sells scraps from retail stores. Like some places sell construction scraps like laminate where there's only enough for like, 150 sqft or something will be really cheap. I only need like, 100 sqft total of stones/brick.

thanks

Nerine

rona, home depot, cohen & cohen, lots of places carry stone/bricks!

I hope you've found some by now though!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

littlelil

yeah, i checked out all those place (rona has the best prices for rocks btw ;))

i was looking more for the irregular, natural-lookine stones and large sizes. THe ones at the stores are all formed to a certain shape; they're not natural-looking, and the "irregular" shaped ones are also pretty small.

that's OK, i managed to re-design the pond using the normal boring look. I guess it'll look cleaner this way, i suppose.

Thanks, nerine

SuperT

Canadian Tire sells bags of stone in their garden dept (around now).  Last year I bought a couple of bags from Ritchie Seed and Feed (they called it natural river stone, most irregular pieces I ever saw).

Terry