Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank a disaster waiting to happen?

Started by KLKelly, May 01, 2008, 12:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

DH hasn't leveled the 90 gallon yet. I think it may be too late.  I didn't do a good enough job nagging as I was only nagging intermittently and everything seemed fine.

I know it isn't level from left to right and now I'm suspecting front to back.  I was looking at what I learned in the resealing workshop - the 'mechanical seals'.  At the very back on the bottom few inches there is a tiny straight line about two inches long on each side.  It doesn't look like bubbles but an opaqish line right in the middle.  I don't see bubbles anywhere else. So now he's keen on levelling it but I think its too late and I don't want to reseal a tank this size.

What do you guys think?  If it is a disaster waiting to happen - I'll move my fish into the 54 gallon and do crazy amounts of water changes weekly (which will suck bigtime).  The 54 gallon came after the workshop and my nagging worked.

Any advice? Do these lines mean I'm in trouble?

Funkmotor

Can you get a picture of what it looks like?  I know it might not be easy, but it would help.

Certainly, if the bottom bit of the seam looks different than the rest of it, that's probably not a good thing.  But your description isn't really telling me if it's pulling apart or if you can just see the edge of the glass and you're paranoid.   ::)

Anyway, how much is it off by?  Can you slap a level on the tank edges and see how out it is?