Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Flake vs pellet

Started by james, February 12, 2004, 03:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hi
Earlier we were discussing  and evaluating what brand of fish food  was best. What I would like to know is what type of food has more value flake food or pellet (granuler).  Is 1 oz fo flake the equalvent to 1 oz of pellet food?  I am asking this because I was shopping for food this weekend and I pick up this big canister of flake food and compared it to a much smaller container of granules or pellet food

The flake stuff was only 2.2 oz and the smaller pellet container was over 4 oz. Does one expand with water more than the other. Beause by weight the flake food is more expensive.

Which food is better value

I would like to know if anyone would know or read any info on this topic.

James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

artw

In my experiences I went through a medium sized bottle of Nutrafin flake in about a week... the same sized bottle of mini pellets would have lasted at least a month.

Evan

I find that with Flake the bottom quarter of the container is crushed.  Fine if you have small fish but not so good if the fish are larger.   They seem to miss a lot and it goes to the bottom.