Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

T5 Bulbs: NO vs HO

Started by darkdep, July 10, 2007, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speckledmind

Quote from: DarkDep on July 12, 2007, 07:52:00 AM
Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to fire *1* bulb with the ballast; I think you HAVE to use 2.  I had planned to use one of the ballasts to run a single bulb for now...sigh.  Gotta go spend more tonight :)
Here is a little note on the Glo Ballast System / Double Tubes.
If you get the wires / end caps crossed they will not lite up, follow each cord on the same side of the balast and it will work.
I got caught with this on my first attempt lol

darkdep

Yep, the endcaps have coloured dots to make sure you use the right ones. 

I went back and exchanged one of my 54w bulbs for two 39w, now I'm set.  My fish wall should look great after this weekend, no more improvised light on any tank, all tanks will have brand new T5HO!  I'll have better lighting and somehow, lower electricity use as well.

darkdep

Just a plug:  If you're interested in upgrading your tank lighting and want to go T5HO, you really need to go to SP now and pick up one of these Hagen Glo ballasts and bulbs.  You can totally outfit a tank with T5 lighting for as little as 70 bucks, including bulbs, and best of all you don't need to wire anything!

Alain

Hello DarkDep, Alain here

Can you help me with lighthing for my 2-135g.  Would it be worth upgrading my tank lighting to T5HO.  If yes, what/where is "SP".  Sorry been out of the accronyms for a while.  I think that Hagen Glo ballasts seems to be the way to go. 

Can I still now outfit the tank with T5 lighting for as little as 70 bucks, including bulbs without any need to wire anything!

dan2x38

Alain DarkDep is not online that often lately . Maybe post a question under Equipment/Diy... BigDaddy is one of the resisdent lighting experts.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

OttawaFolkFestivum

Alain,

I believe SP = SuperPet (the store)

Cheers, Steve

charlie

Quote from: Alain on August 06, 2008, 11:17:39 PM
Hello DarkDep, Alain here

Can you help me with lighthing for my 2-135g.  Would it be worth upgrading my tank lighting to T5HO.  If yes, what/where is "SP".  Sorry been out of the accronyms for a while.  I think that Hagen Glo ballasts seems to be the way to go. 

Can I still now outfit the tank with T5 lighting for as little as 70 bucks, including bulbs without any need to wire anything!

Hi Alain, nice to see you here,the price was when it was on clearance, here is something that might work for you, it`s plug & play with bulb & around 35.00 each.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=22065.0
Regards

Alain

This is great Charlie
Do you think that I need more than 2 bulbs for my 135G.  B&B Hydroponics is closed till 10am but I will go check them out.  If you have a minute, could you please call me at *phone number removed*
Thanks
Alain

groupie02

Alain, I've removed your phone number from the post as you may not want the whole world knowing it. You should send it via PM only. Those PMs (personal messages) do not get indexed by web crawlers like Google.

Cheers