Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Holes in cover?

Started by washefuzzy, July 29, 2008, 01:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

I was wondering what people use to cover holes in their covers. I've tried duct tape but it got black and moldy. I'm using tinfoil but I wonder if anybody has a better idea.  I have fish that like to jump out.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

What about getting some Plexi glass or even actate paper, Im sure you could find some scrap plastic to cut to size.

Sometimes when you buy a new hood there is a long piece of plastic attached to the back.

If its a small hole, What about Cork?

Brine

I know someone who uses Saran Wrap.

washefuzzy

Quote from: Tsukiyomi-sakura on July 29, 2008, 01:35:31 AM
What about getting some Plexi glass or even actate paper, Im sure you could find some scrap plastic to cut to size.

Sometimes when you buy a new hood there is a long piece of plastic attached to the back.

If its a small hole, What about Cork?

New? I rarely by anything new.  ;D
Now cork is a great idea. Thanks
What is actate paper?

Brian i was thinking of saran wrap but was wondering if it was safe. Probable safer than tinfoil.

CrazyFish

What about the vinyl paper you can get at the art store.  It would stick easily and you could even put two pieces to stick together for a more secure fit.
90G Planted tank
65G Large Goldfish/Koi
48G Smaller Goldfish.
20G South American tank
10 Gallon Goldfish growout

presto

acetate is the clear plastic your high school teacher wrote on and used with a projector.

washefuzzy

Quote from: presto on July 29, 2008, 04:40:59 PM
acetate is the clear plastic your high school teacher wrote on and used with a projector.

Ah!  ::)