Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

An interesting Tiger Lotus observation

Started by zima, September 04, 2008, 06:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zima

I've got a flourishing Tiger Lotus that is very red and healthy. However, the few past days I noticed something interesting - the new leaves that it is shooting are more or less a 'negative' of the old ones, that is to say that the red background became green (see the picture - on the right is the old healthy leaf, and on the left and on top is the new 'negative of the old' leaf). Any thought? Could it be an indication that something is missing in the water column? Iron?

[attachment deleted by admin]

fishboy

Umm i think they are a darker color when they are new, but they will lighten up as they grow bigger/older i belive.
I had the same one i think and one time and it did the same, the new leaves were darker but once they got bigg and reached the top they slowly turned a brighter green.....

fischkopp

I would think a similar way: the brighter leaves are floating, somewhat emersed and hence probably changing their structure and coloration.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

zima

Okay, but here we have an opposite scenario - the newer leaves are lighter and the older ones are darker. Hmmm...