New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New OVAS member

Started by Groovylad, August 06, 2008, 08:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groovylad

Hi all,

This is my first post but have been coming to this site for information for awhile now and decided to become a member as I want to make this more of a primary hobby to me.  I had a mixed tropical aquarium for 8 years prior to my kids being born and sold everything, now that they have grown up I decided to get back into this hobby but went with cichlids.

I have had my cichlid tank since last November and am really enjoying watching them, they have so much character!  I hope to have a 75g or 90g tank setup in September as I want to have more cichlids including a colony of demasoni's.

Groovylad

dan2x38

Welcome nice to meet you! Yeah kids do reset our priorities that is for sure. Have to hit the mini auctions at the monthly meetings starting again end of Sept. might help you with some parts for new set-ups. A member here Brine has an African set-up with Demasoni's... it is a beautiful tank... he almost has me sold on an African set-up... almost... ;)  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Groovylad

Thanks for the welcome Dan, yes kids will do that...  Definitely looks like great opportunities at the monthly meetings to take advantage of the mini auctions to get what I might be missing, will have to talk to Brine about Demasoni's.

Groovylad