Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CO2 Bubble Counter?

Started by dan2x38, September 16, 2008, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Both my bubble counters water level is below the bubble outlet. Is this normal? Do you have to always keep refilling the water? Is this why some people use mineral oil? Does mineral oil get into the airlines? Should I reduce the pressure on my right hand gauge? It is now at 20 PSI.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Jeff1192

Charlie warned me that it would evaporate so I switched to. He suggested glycerin, you can get it at the pharmacy. It is kinda thick and I find it makes it easier to count the bubbles when you have a higher bubble count.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

dan2x38

Quote from: Jeff1192 on September 16, 2008, 08:49:29 PM
Charlie warned me that it would evaporate so I switched to. He suggested glycerin, you can get it at the pharmacy. It is kinda thick and I find it makes it easier to count the bubbles when you have a higher bubble count.

Jeff

glycerin is that like mineral oil? can you use mineral oil? I have mineral oil. I need to fill my bubble counters tonight now that the solenoid is off.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Jeff1192

Yes mineral oil will also work.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell