Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

marking sub-forum read

Started by Nyx, September 25, 2008, 09:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx

In all other forums that I belong to, when you click "mark forum read" in a sub-forum, it does so and then automatically takes you to back to the main forum. Is it possible to configure the OVAS forum in such a manner? It is a minor annoyance to click "mark forum read" and then have to click "forum" at the top of the site to go back to the main forum. After all, if you've read everything you are going to read in a sub-forum, why would you want to stay in it after you click "mark forum read"? Just my two-cents. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

groupie02

My question would be: Which sub-forum are you reading?  I don't see any on OVAS  ;)

Nyx

groupie02

no, it means that I can't fix something that I can't identify.  Which sub-forum do you read?  I don't believe that we have any... but I could be wrong. Just let me know.

groupie02

could it be that we're not using the same language? Do you mean that when you mark the "Website Discussions / Bug Reports" as read, you'd like to be taken back to "OVAS Related" or the next unread board under "OVAS Related"?

Nyx

Quotecould it be that we're not using the same language?

lol I guess not. :) Normally, the main forum page would be considered the forum and everything else (African Cichlids;Classified Ads (Personal Only); etc.) would be considered sub-forums. So, what I am used to at other forums would be marking, say, Saltwater General Discussions as read and then being automatically taken back to the main forum page. I hope I made sense?  :-\

groupie02

I understand now. I'll look into it later this week. 

Nyx

Thanks for being open-minded about it. :)