Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sump Upgrade 10G to 80G!

Started by xiaan, October 10, 2008, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groan

Fishhead89

Here's another idea for you. Maybe get a bigger place so you can have a bigger fishtank!

I like Pat's idea of a 90+90.

Cheers
Bri

Funkmotor

xiaan

As promised here are the Before and after shots:

Before

This was my temporary sump I have been using for the last 2 months

This was my geto frag tank setup it consisted of a 12G tank and a 20G Garbage can Overflow box and Kent Skimmer (I never got it to work correctly). The only thing I have saved from this setup was the lights. (not the ones over the sump I fried that fixture by dropping it into the tank). You can also see my salt mixing and auto top off system with Kalk reactor for my main tank.

xiaan

After:

Here is the complete setup

Top tanks & skimmer:

I have since removed the smaller skimmer from the system as it was not doing anything. I still have not seen any skimmate from my Extreme 200 but I believe it is still braking in.

Bottom tank and return pump:

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

xiaan

Here are shots of the sump Tank:

Corals

xiaan

And here are some shots of my display tank as it is today.

Hookup

Very nice looking indeed.  be very proud.

What lights are you running on the MT? 

xiaan

The display has the Nova Extreme Pro 6x36w T5HO. The Frag tank has The Coralife 150w MH with 14K lamp
and Refuge has the Current Nova Extreme 18" 2 x T5HO.

Adam

Looks really good.  That purple stuff is hard to get off your hands ;).

I see my two old frags, top right and top left.  Glad to see they're doing well.  The birdsnest and orange monti are doing great.  The monti may have even become more orange than before.
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers