Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

c02 bottle IN..you see that...INNNNN the tank...LOL

Started by NjOyRiD, May 06, 2005, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

yoo..that pet shop is (can i say that marc?) STUPID!!! lolol sorry but i had to tell the boss that the nutrafin bottle was going outside, not inside ;) i had a good laugh lolol
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Nelson

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"yoo..that pet shop is (can i say that marc?) STUPID!!! lolol sorry but i had to tell the boss that the nutrafin bottle was going outside, not inside ;) i had a good laugh lolol

Now that is SCARY!!  Sorry for new folks who are interested in getting into the hobby :cry:

Aiglos

dannypd

nice...not like we dont need any more co2 in our air, lol

NjOyRiD

its a pet shop in hull...LOL
I also told her to not put Angel with REd eye Tetra! LOLLLLLLL
oh and I had to correct her by telling a  custumer to use full kinds of product to clear the water quality...I went after, ask the guy some questions, he had guppies in a 20g tank...i told him, you need a water chnage and you'll be alright ;)

oh i got a question..he told me he uses water from, you know the bottle, so its clean...do you have to use aqua plus for that?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Aiglos

HE uses spring water to do water changes ?   *Faints*

NjOyRiD

370g System

luvfishies

wow. what a waste of money!

Just tell him to use dechlor, and tapwater.

As for the CO2 canister IN the tank? OMG, some people's kids :roll:

dannypd

Quote from: "luvfishies"wow. what a waste of money!

Just tell him to use dechlor, and tapwater.

As for the CO2 canister IN the tank? OMG, some people's kids :roll:

Bottled water is alright, DISTILLED is ok ONLY for topping off your tank from evaporation, and tapwater is great for water changes because of the minirals and such.

NjOyRiD

alright..this i the prob...he uses ONLY distilled water..is it why its all trouble?
370g System

luvfishies

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"alright..this i the prob...he uses ONLY distilled water..is it why its all trouble?

Distilled has NO minerals, very low pH, no KH, no GH......great for topping off, but NOT good for waterchanges if there are no buffers added to keep the pH stable.

mseguin

dannypd

Quote from: "mseguin"And the plants will be screwed.

Maybe the bottle being ***IN*** the tank is getting decomposed slowly enough to feed the plants alum/iron and such....