Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Kribensis

Started by presto, February 04, 2009, 11:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

presto

I decided I want to add Cichlids to my community tank and have arranged to pick up a pair of Kribensis. I intend to raise fry as well.

I have a 75 gallon Heavily Planted tank with 2 caves and a hollow log.

There are 6 Rummynose Tetras, 7 WCMM, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Pearl Gouramis, 1 Pleco, 1 clown loach, and 7 Cories.

Is there anything I am missing that would benifit the fish?
Any experience with Kribs living with the other fish mentioned?
Will flakes and freeze dried bloodworms be sufficient?

Thanks

beowulf

Get ready for a lot of fry.  I had a pair in a 112g tank and had more fry then I knew what to do with in no time.  remember that they can get a little territorial when spawning and protecting their young.

On a side note, just a little suggestion from someone who has a few (11) clown loaches, they like to be in groups (5+) and like a lot of room as they get big (close to a foot is very possible).  You might want to trade you clown in for a few smaller loaches that are better suited for a 75g or add some clowns if you plan on getting a much larger tank in time.

Cheers

presto

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I have reached my wife's limit on tank size so I will be getting rid of my loach in the near future.