Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking for Figure 8 puffers!!

Started by Celine, February 18, 2004, 12:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celine

And my hunt continues! I have been in many forums as I am trying to find some figure 8 puffers in the Ottawa region (or around). I've been to every store, I've tried to order them, but had no luck :(
Would anybody know who or where I can go to order these little guy! I have a 30 gallon brackish water home waiting for them  :D
Thanks in advance!

Pisidan

Have you tried Big Al's in Kanata I saw some in their not very long ago!!

Celine

Yes I have, I have been calling them every day and they never get them in. The only kind they seem to have is the Green Spotted Puffer  and the dwarfs.  I'm also calling Big Al's on Innes ... it's always the same, I ask them to order them for me.. and their answer is "we will have them next Thursday"... and they never do...    :?

Thanks!

Marc

Talk to Jody at Big Al's on Innes Rd.  If anyone can help you he can.  

However it's possible that they have ordered some and are expecting some but that their supplier is not sending them.

Marc

Marc

One more note...

Some fish come to the fish store from fish farms ... these species of fish are generally available year round.

Other fish come to the fish store wild-caught.  Often these fish can only be caught at certain times of the year and so are only available at those times of the year.  I can't say for sure but it's possible that figure 8 puffers fall into this category.

Marc

Celine

Thanks Marc!
   It must be that they are not in season.. or god knows... because I can`t get them anywhere! I have been searching every day! I had found a place in Quebec that had them.... and with my luck, they sold them 2 days ago!  Insane!  :shock:

Julie

There were a couple of big puffers at Big Al's on Innes on Sunday...not sure what type they were though.

gvv

I'm not good in them, but according to the label "Figure 8 puffers",which I saw myself right now, they are available at Kanata Big Al's.
Nevertheless, I suggest you make a call before...

Celine

Thanks but they are not Figure Eight Puffers :(