Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Reef frenzy fanatic

Started by ramblnpony, January 18, 2009, 07:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblnpony

Hello to everyone at Ovas!

Hi, my name is Frank and I live in Kanata. I started my fish frenzy with guppies, breeding angels, and then a 50 gallon saltwater tank around 30 years ago. For the last year I've decided to take the plunge again. This time around I bought a 180 gallon tank, 70 gal sump/refuge, and enough lighting to set up a reef tank. (Good boxing day sales) Presently, I'm renovating my basement and hope in about 2 months, to set it up flush to one wall with access on the back side.

Times have really changed. 30 years ago, no one grew live coral and you watched your sea anemones slowly die. Of course most hobbyists didn't have the proper lighting, live rock, calcium reactor, and so on. There is so much more knowledge out there now. I've been reading several SW books in the past year, studying up on the internet, and reading ovas posts on the forums. I am excited to get my system up and running and looking forward to meeting some of you experienced aquarists out there at the next OVAS meeting. Thanks, and have a great day!  :)

ramblnpony

oops,I ment to post this in intros.....

dan2x38

Hi Frank nice to meet you. Sounds like you have a lot of experience to share. Taking the plunge EH? Sure sounds like you've been doing your homework. Also sounds like you have a great set-up in the works. Look forward to hearing about your new endeavor hopefully see some pics too. Glad you found OVAS we can always use more members. Come check out our meetings next one is on the 26th. The address date/time shows on the banner line above. This month the speaker is sharing on fish nutrition looking forward to it myself.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

White Lightning

Welcome Frank!

You don't mess around eh? 180 gallon tank...as the old saying goes, "go big or go home" Good luck with your future endevour.