Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aphyocharax rathbuni 'Green Fire Tetra'

Started by dan2x38, March 09, 2009, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Aphyocharax rathbuni 'Green Fire Tetra' this is my latest acquisition. I had Golden Neon Tetras in Latios' tank but neither of us liked them. They always hid in the plants. So I sold them off at the auction to make room for something new. Fischkopp in the Plant forum under the 'Tank Set-ups' sticky posted a 15g with the Green Fires in it. When I saw them I had to have them.

I got 10 from Fish Tails they ordered them in for me. They are small and skinny but already colouring up very nicely. They swim close to top area and you see them all the time not like the others. I am so impressed with these little guys what little beauties!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

They are an intresting tetra, both colourful & ACTIVE, the first time i saw them was at fischkopp`s place & they also made a big impact on me.

dan2x38

The colour today is even better. The red is all long their belly like a cardinal. These are a beauty thanks Fischkopp you didn't even know you introduced me to them...  ;D I might even get a couple more. They are eating very well in time at all they will be fattened up... ;) Been feeding them Omega One & FD Brine Shrimp.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."